Local restaurants need to clean up their act
September 23, 2013
It was an eye-opener watching our Holbrooke Hotel here in Grass Valley being featured on the show "Hotel Impossible."
Ian, the owner, got quite a scolding as his hotel was filthy. I do hope Ian can take the host's (Anthony's) advice. It was hard hearing the news that the hotel was in disrepair.
Last year, when I was there in the saloon/bar, I saw the owner sitting at the bar and laughing it up with friends. I hear he also bartended and played in the band two nights a week, yet he let his hotel get in disarray.
Stained patio chairs and stained pillows, etc. Hope this scared the other inn keepers — they need to be clean — that is a priority!
Imagine — the owner was in real estate and apparently knew nothing about the restaurant/food or hotel business.
One popular restaurant with a patio has bushes that are running over the sidewalk, and the patio has dead flowers and cracked flower pots, etc. I wonder now what the kitchen looks like?
All we can hope for is for owners to get with the program!
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later