Letter of thanks
January 9, 2014
As a pediatrician, I interact with a lot of families. Sometimes the way to help them heal goes beyond office appointments and giving medicine. This Christmas, there were some children who were particularly in need of some good cheer. I want to give special thanks to two groups in our community who gave of their time and hearts to help. The first is Steve Davis and the Bicycle Project at Seven Hills School. All it took was a single phone call, and I had a beautiful, refurbished bike for a boy whose health issues make it imperative for him to get exercise daily. His bike had broken, and the family did not have the means to replace it. The second was the Watt Park firefighters (through money raised at their frosty booth at the fair), who partnered with the Griffis, Dowling and Benson families to provide a bountiful Christmas for two special local families and caused the shedding of many grateful tears. A lot of people feel better because of their caring.
Sarah J. Woerner, M.D.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier