Let’s pass Measure L
December 26, 2012
A resident of Nevada City since 1986, and former business owner of Piety Hill Inn and The Paper Wheel, a retail shop on Broad Street, I have had ample opportunity to observe the dynamics of our business community, and that of city hall. Nevada City has always worked hard to support our commercial and residential neighborhoods, fire department, police, parks, public works, and the city hall staff. They strive to maintain a top notch community with an ongoing shortage of revenue.
Let's pass Measure L, the temporary sales tax initiative to fill the city government's income gap, caused by the economic downturn. Our city both needs and deserves this shot in the arm.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Conner Milkey accused in 2016 death of Nevada County Jail inmate
- Nevada County judge upholds kidnapping, false imprisonment charges; tosses torture and robbery accusations
- Jail inmate dies of suspected heroin overdose
- DISC GOLF: Local disc golfer Gregg Barsby talks about life on the pro tour