Let’s pass Measure L
December 26, 2012
A resident of Nevada City since 1986, and former business owner of Piety Hill Inn and The Paper Wheel, a retail shop on Broad Street, I have had ample opportunity to observe the dynamics of our business community, and that of city hall. Nevada City has always worked hard to support our commercial and residential neighborhoods, fire department, police, parks, public works, and the city hall staff. They strive to maintain a top notch community with an ongoing shortage of revenue.
Let's pass Measure L, the temporary sales tax initiative to fill the city government's income gap, caused by the economic downturn. Our city both needs and deserves this shot in the arm.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local