Let’s pass Measure L
December 26, 2012
A resident of Nevada City since 1986, and former business owner of Piety Hill Inn and The Paper Wheel, a retail shop on Broad Street, I have had ample opportunity to observe the dynamics of our business community, and that of city hall. Nevada City has always worked hard to support our commercial and residential neighborhoods, fire department, police, parks, public works, and the city hall staff. They strive to maintain a top notch community with an ongoing shortage of revenue.
Let's pass Measure L, the temporary sales tax initiative to fill the city government's income gap, caused by the economic downturn. Our city both needs and deserves this shot in the arm.
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier