Lee Blakemore: It’s all about legacy
May 14, 2017
Thanks to Lynn Ridenour's letter that opposes Governor Brown's insidious gas tax increase that supposedly goes for road and bridge improvement in the state. She isn't buying it, neither am I.
It is well-known that the bullet train (the train to nowhere) is Brown's $50 billion legacy of waste. Clearly, he was counting on a Clinton administration for base funding. When that opportunity vaporized, he successfully sought a road improvement device for train funding.
Hence the gas tax dishonesty that places the burden on the backs of all California motorists, especially impacting those of lower incomes. Brown's deceitful gas tax increase is all about his personal legacy.
And California roads and bridges will continue to erode.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local