Lee Blakemore: It’s all about legacy
May 14, 2017
Thanks to Lynn Ridenour's letter that opposes Governor Brown's insidious gas tax increase that supposedly goes for road and bridge improvement in the state. She isn't buying it, neither am I.
It is well-known that the bullet train (the train to nowhere) is Brown's $50 billion legacy of waste. Clearly, he was counting on a Clinton administration for base funding. When that opportunity vaporized, he successfully sought a road improvement device for train funding.
Hence the gas tax dishonesty that places the burden on the backs of all California motorists, especially impacting those of lower incomes. Brown's deceitful gas tax increase is all about his personal legacy.
And California roads and bridges will continue to erode.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public