Lamphier is the one
March 26, 2014
As a retired educator and 35-year resident of Grass Valley, I want a government that represents me, my values and my vision for Nevada County. That is why I am supporting Terry Lamphier for re-election as District 3 supervisor.
Terry maintains a fair and realistic balance in his approach to governance in that he is fiscally responsible with the restraints of tight budgets, but he also understands the need for 21st-century services as evidenced by his work on the Nevada County Broadband Advisory Group. He supports economic growth for our community but understands the need to maintain our small town/rural atmosphere, as demonstrated during his time as planning commissioner for Grass Valley and work as a SYRCL volunteer.
As someone who worked with at-risk youth for 30 years, I applaud his work as vice chairman of the Mental Health Advisory Board, membership on the Sierra Memorial Hospital Crisis Team and work with the Judicial Children's (Palm Tree) Group serving the at-risk youth of our community. Terry Lamphier represents the ideals that have made Nevada County such a special place to live.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site