Lamphier is the one
March 26, 2014
As a retired educator and 35-year resident of Grass Valley, I want a government that represents me, my values and my vision for Nevada County. That is why I am supporting Terry Lamphier for re-election as District 3 supervisor.
Terry maintains a fair and realistic balance in his approach to governance in that he is fiscally responsible with the restraints of tight budgets, but he also understands the need for 21st-century services as evidenced by his work on the Nevada County Broadband Advisory Group. He supports economic growth for our community but understands the need to maintain our small town/rural atmosphere, as demonstrated during his time as planning commissioner for Grass Valley and work as a SYRCL volunteer.
As someone who worked with at-risk youth for 30 years, I applaud his work as vice chairman of the Mental Health Advisory Board, membership on the Sierra Memorial Hospital Crisis Team and work with the Judicial Children's (Palm Tree) Group serving the at-risk youth of our community. Terry Lamphier represents the ideals that have made Nevada County such a special place to live.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public