Kudos to the DMV
November 15, 2013
When California residents think of "dysfunctional government," we often cite our Department of Motor Vehicles experiences as an example.
Bad customer service deserves criticism, but likewise, good customer service deserves our praise. I recently received a registration notice from DMV, which included a hefty late penalty. I wrote a letter to DMV explaining why I believed the penalty was not warranted and reluctantly enclosed a check for the full amount. To my astonishment, the California DMV responded in a timely manner with a notice that the penalty was not due, and a check for a full refund! Everyone makes mistakes — not everyone acknowledges them. Kudos, DMV and thank you!
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public