Kudos to the DMV
November 15, 2013
When California residents think of "dysfunctional government," we often cite our Department of Motor Vehicles experiences as an example.
Bad customer service deserves criticism, but likewise, good customer service deserves our praise. I recently received a registration notice from DMV, which included a hefty late penalty. I wrote a letter to DMV explaining why I believed the penalty was not warranted and reluctantly enclosed a check for the full amount. To my astonishment, the California DMV responded in a timely manner with a notice that the penalty was not due, and a check for a full refund! Everyone makes mistakes — not everyone acknowledges them. Kudos, DMV and thank you!
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say