Kudos to Scotch Broom Challenge volunteers
May 2, 2013
The Banner Mountain Homeowners Association board would like to extend a special thank-you to all Scotch Broom Challenge volunteers for their hard work to make our Banner Mountain community fire-safe. This year's focus was along Banner Lava Cap Road, an emergency wildfire escape route for many Banner Mountain residents.
Volunteers included the DeMolay North Star Chapter of Nevada City, Banner Mountain Homeowners Association Members and the Nevada County Sheriff's Office.
The Banner Mountain Scotch Broom removal project, which occurred on April 20, was jointly sponsored by the Banner Mountain Homeowners Association and the FireSafe Council of Nevada County. Thank you!
Brian Unter, board member
On behalf of all Banner Mountain Homeowners Association board members
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans