Kudos to Scotch Broom Challenge volunteers
May 2, 2013
The Banner Mountain Homeowners Association board would like to extend a special thank-you to all Scotch Broom Challenge volunteers for their hard work to make our Banner Mountain community fire-safe. This year's focus was along Banner Lava Cap Road, an emergency wildfire escape route for many Banner Mountain residents.
Volunteers included the DeMolay North Star Chapter of Nevada City, Banner Mountain Homeowners Association Members and the Nevada County Sheriff's Office.
The Banner Mountain Scotch Broom removal project, which occurred on April 20, was jointly sponsored by the Banner Mountain Homeowners Association and the FireSafe Council of Nevada County. Thank you!
Brian Unter, board member
On behalf of all Banner Mountain Homeowners Association board members
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom