Kudos from North Gold Senklr Mountaineers
December 26, 2012
This fall, Gold Country Community Services received a grant to offer a senior nutrition program in North San Juan. However, implementing the program required certain facility improvements; some simple and others that were more challenging.
Modifying the doors would have been impossible if it hadn't been for Ted Sirjesse (TMS Construction) and Mike Houston (Hills Flat Lumber). Together, these two men converted five old doors into ADA compliant exits. These improvements involved a great deal of coordination and several trips through the canyon.
On behalf of the North Gold Senior Mountaineers' board of directors and all of the local area residents who attend activities at the North San Juan Senior Center, I want to thank Mr. Sirjesse and Mr. Houston for contributing their time and talent to making our building safer and more secure.
Penny St. Claire, president
North Gold Senior Mountaineers
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws