Keep your dogs on a leash
August 19, 2014
This letter is directed to all pit bull owners. Please, please keep your dogs on a leash (properly restrained) or locked up. I personally know of two small Shih Tzu's (in their own yards) who have died of complications from pit bull attacks in just the past week, and how often I read in the police blotter of attacks on animals and people by pit bulls.
Please beware of your own pets, livestock or even family members if you own a pit.
Believe me, they can turn on you. I know you love your dog, but the owners of these two Shih Tzu's are devastated and they too loved their dogs. So Sad.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball