Justice for SunSmile farm
June 25, 2013
I have been a customer of SunSmile farm for decades, always looking forward to visiting the farm stand.
There are first cherries of the season, then the berries and finally the delicious peaches, nectarines and melons, as well as the great variety of fresh vegetables.
For several years I shared a CSA box with a friend. George Loftus was a gracious and proud host who let me pick some fresh flowers and gave me a ride in his cart to show me the beautiful farm. My friends and I, when coming back from swimming in the Yuba River, always stopped at the farm. It was a joyful tradition.
It is hard to believe that this treasure has almost been destroyed by willful neglect and callousness. I do hope that George will get justice.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball