Joint replacement surgeons see consistently superior outcomes
April 18, 2013
After retiring from my family practice, I was fortunate to be able to assist at surgery with several local surgeons doing hip and knee replacement surgery.
The complexity of the procedure requires the surgeon to have an intimate knowledge of the procedure and its vicissitudes to achieve consistently superior outcomes. I found our local surgeons were well able to meet that standard. The addition of a well-trained and integrated surgical support team is also needed to achieve consistently superior outcomes.
Sierra Nevada Hospital and its staff was recently recognized by Blue Cross as providing superior joint replacement surgery. I agree with their findings and would have no hesitation "staying local" if and when I need the help of all these professionals.
James E. Chargin, M.D.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans