John Bohnert: Warm meal, warm hearts
December 1, 2016
I want to thank Maggie Maloney for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I live alone and haven't had a Thanksgiving like this in a very long time.
Maggie and Jeff Rutherford own the Rainbow Market on Highway 49. For several years, she has cooked and boxed 100 free Thanksgiving dinners. I think what Maggie does on Thanksgiving is so wonderful.
Our community is a better place because of people like Maggie. I've never met her but I wanted her to know that she really made this senior citizen feel special.
Thank you, Maggie.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hitchhiker ‘looking for trouble’
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball