John Bohnert: Warm meal, warm hearts
December 1, 2016
I want to thank Maggie Maloney for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I live alone and haven't had a Thanksgiving like this in a very long time.
Maggie and Jeff Rutherford own the Rainbow Market on Highway 49. For several years, she has cooked and boxed 100 free Thanksgiving dinners. I think what Maggie does on Thanksgiving is so wonderful.
Our community is a better place because of people like Maggie. I've never met her but I wanted her to know that she really made this senior citizen feel special.
Thank you, Maggie.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist was thrown into utility pole, CHP states
- Nevada County home invasion leads to arrests, authorities say
- Homeless man dying of cancer finally gets long-term care in Grass Valley
- Nevada County fatality: Motorcyclist dies after Rough and Ready Highway wreck
- Nevada County prosecutors say review of Hollitz cases could take months, 60-80 cases could be impacted