John Bohnert: Warm meal, warm hearts
December 1, 2016
I want to thank Maggie Maloney for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I live alone and haven't had a Thanksgiving like this in a very long time.
Maggie and Jeff Rutherford own the Rainbow Market on Highway 49. For several years, she has cooked and boxed 100 free Thanksgiving dinners. I think what Maggie does on Thanksgiving is so wonderful.
Our community is a better place because of people like Maggie. I've never met her but I wanted her to know that she really made this senior citizen feel special.
Thank you, Maggie.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death