John Bohnert: Warm meal, warm hearts
December 1, 2016
I want to thank Maggie Maloney for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I live alone and haven't had a Thanksgiving like this in a very long time.
Maggie and Jeff Rutherford own the Rainbow Market on Highway 49. For several years, she has cooked and boxed 100 free Thanksgiving dinners. I think what Maggie does on Thanksgiving is so wonderful.
Our community is a better place because of people like Maggie. I've never met her but I wanted her to know that she really made this senior citizen feel special.
Thank you, Maggie.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck