Jeff Olson: Story spurs interest in Hospitality House program
May 17, 2017
Your recent article featuring the Hospitality House by Matthew Pera was very informative and provided our organization with much needed exposure to local food service employers.
This exposure contributed immensely to help our culinary job training program students and graduates get connected to these local employers. Within a day of the article's publication, we received numerous calls from owner operators of local restaurants including interest as far as Colfax.
Another benefit of The Union article has been helping raise the awareness about homelessness as a whole; that those less fortunate members of our community are oftentimes stigmatized and left behind in the public eye due to the poor decisions and actions of a small minority.
We wanted to take the time to thank The Union for presenting a fair journalistic view of The Hospitality House Serves Culinary Job Training Program, which has not only helped benefit our goal of empowering individuals to achieve housing and employment but helps provide tangible results for the entire community.
Hospitality House, kitchen manager
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local