It’s whom you know
December 26, 2012
The company that Vice President Joe Biden's brother is vice president of has been awarded a bid to build 100,000 homes in Iraq for a cost of $1.5 billion, pending approval of the Iraq government. This cronyism goes on all the time by Democrats and Republicans.
We need laws that elected officials, government employees and their relatives can't profit from government contracts while employed by a government and five years after they leave employment. These new laws should be applicable to city, county, state and federal government.
We need to stop the favoritism and insider baloney that goes on in government. Of course, this will never happen while the foxes are guarding the henhouse.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)