It’s science, not a theory
January 8, 2014
In the “Observations” article in Monday’s paper, George Boardman noted the number of Americans who don’t accept the theory of evolution. Many people misunderstand the most important aspect of this issue.
Evolution is a fact. It is clear from the fossil records that evolution occurred in plants, animals and humans. Darwin’s theory attempts to explain these facts, that is, how evolution works. It does not “theorize” that evolution occurred. Darwin’s theory could be incorrect, although it is highly unlikely after decades of confirming scientific research, but the fact of evolution would not go away.
Rough and Ready
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location