It’s science, not a theory
January 8, 2014
In the "Observations" article in Monday's paper, George Boardman noted the number of Americans who don't accept the theory of evolution. Many people misunderstand the most important aspect of this issue.
Evolution is a fact. It is clear from the fossil records that evolution occurred in plants, animals and humans. Darwin's theory attempts to explain these facts, that is, how evolution works. It does not "theorize" that evolution occurred. Darwin's theory could be incorrect, although it is highly unlikely after decades of confirming scientific research, but the fact of evolution would not go away.
Rough and Ready
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance