Is incest next?
June 18, 2013
A cautionary note: A hundred or even 50 years ago, marriage between same sex couples was inconceivable. Now it is being debated by the Supreme Court. The debate does not concern itself with morality or religion. The debate is about civil rights. Is it the right of two people of the same sex to be legally married?
At the present time, marriage between persons of the same family (a father and daughter, a mother and a daughter, etc.) is not only inconceivable, it is repugnant. But what does the Supreme Court do in 25 or 50 years when it reviews a case under the guise of civil rights, demanding the right of a brother and sister to legally marry?
Richard L. Hill
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows