Is incest next?
June 18, 2013
A cautionary note: A hundred or even 50 years ago, marriage between same sex couples was inconceivable. Now it is being debated by the Supreme Court. The debate does not concern itself with morality or religion. The debate is about civil rights. Is it the right of two people of the same sex to be legally married?
At the present time, marriage between persons of the same family (a father and daughter, a mother and a daughter, etc.) is not only inconceivable, it is repugnant. But what does the Supreme Court do in 25 or 50 years when it reviews a case under the guise of civil rights, demanding the right of a brother and sister to legally marry?
Richard L. Hill
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County