In support of Jann Reed
December 26, 2012
The truth is that Jim Nielsen is the very same career politician he claims to want to "take back" Sacramento from.
He does not represent me. He should not be appointed by Doug LaMalfa nor the Republican machine.
I am supporting Jann Reed, an independent woman and a mom who has been volunteering in this community for over 25 years. Unlike her opponent, with his dubious address in this district, Jann graduated from CSU, Chico with a degree in microbiology and returned to raise a family. Jann has taken leadership positions in every organization to which she belongs.
During her two terms on the Chico Unified School Board, Jann was both vice president and president, each for three years. Jann has been on the front line as Sacramento politicians continually fail to prioritize education. She understands that categorical funding needs to be included in any true educational funding reform. Jann will continue to make our students her priority.
From volunteering in her kids' classrooms, driving school children to live theater, working with her daughters for the Special Olympics through the National Charity League, to providing infant car seats, bicycle safety instruction and helmets through the Butte Glenn Medical Alliance, Jann has given tirelessly to our children. She wants to do more. Please join me in voting for Jann Reed Nov. 6.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair