I’ll miss you, Nevada City
August 23, 2014
I would like to comment on the “smoking” ordinance in Nevada City.
It’s my opinion the city council are a narrow-minded, short-term thinking kinda folk. A lot of people with good money to spend have enjoyed that beautiful little town in the past. My wife and I can be counted among those people. We will unfortunately have to find another town to adopt, as we also smoke. I hate the decision the council is rendering, but my civil liberties are in jeopardy and will not have a “nanny” telling me what and where I may do things.
I’m sure I am not alone in my thoughts. I’ll miss you Nevada City!
Jack H. DeLay
Fair Oaks, Calif.
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping