“Iffy” letter recently published
June 18, 2013
You did not only the community, but also journalism, a disservice by printing the Letter to the Editor from Tim McCall in Saturday's (May 25, 2013) edition titled "Freedom at Risk."
Mr. McCall repeatedly claimed the government is "lying to the people" but gave not a single example of it to back his claim.
I fully support a person's right to make a claim but they need to backup what they say, otherwise it is just rumor mongering and inflamatory. You would never publish a regular news story without having the subject backup their claims, would you?
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum