“Iffy” letter recently published
June 18, 2013
You did not only the community, but also journalism, a disservice by printing the Letter to the Editor from Tim McCall in Saturday's (May 25, 2013) edition titled "Freedom at Risk."
Mr. McCall repeatedly claimed the government is "lying to the people" but gave not a single example of it to back his claim.
I fully support a person's right to make a claim but they need to backup what they say, otherwise it is just rumor mongering and inflamatory. You would never publish a regular news story without having the subject backup their claims, would you?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws