“Iffy” letter recently published
June 18, 2013
You did not only the community, but also journalism, a disservice by printing the Letter to the Editor from Tim McCall in Saturday's (May 25, 2013) edition titled "Freedom at Risk."
Mr. McCall repeatedly claimed the government is "lying to the people" but gave not a single example of it to back his claim.
I fully support a person's right to make a claim but they need to backup what they say, otherwise it is just rumor mongering and inflamatory. You would never publish a regular news story without having the subject backup their claims, would you?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans