“Iffy” letter recently published
June 18, 2013
You did not only the community, but also journalism, a disservice by printing the Letter to the Editor from Tim McCall in Saturday's (May 25, 2013) edition titled "Freedom at Risk."
Mr. McCall repeatedly claimed the government is "lying to the people" but gave not a single example of it to back his claim.
I fully support a person's right to make a claim but they need to backup what they say, otherwise it is just rumor mongering and inflamatory. You would never publish a regular news story without having the subject backup their claims, would you?
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom