How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin?
April 10, 2013
How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin? That's what I'm reminded of every time I read about the "suits" in Congress debating about what should be in the "gun control law." They have already eliminated the major components (military repeating rifles and 30 round clips) of the proposed law and are debating nits that will have no effect on the enormous number of gun caused deaths in the U.S. (mostly by pistols which are not being discussed).
Do the people defending the Second Amendment actually think our forefathers fought with magazines, loaded pistols or repeating rifles? Not likely.
And it's also not likely that any Congressperson will introduce a bill that will reduce gun deaths in America (63 percent of all homicides) to that of England (9 percent of homicides). Not likely.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site