How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin?
April 10, 2013
How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin? That's what I'm reminded of every time I read about the "suits" in Congress debating about what should be in the "gun control law." They have already eliminated the major components (military repeating rifles and 30 round clips) of the proposed law and are debating nits that will have no effect on the enormous number of gun caused deaths in the U.S. (mostly by pistols which are not being discussed).
Do the people defending the Second Amendment actually think our forefathers fought with magazines, loaded pistols or repeating rifles? Not likely.
And it's also not likely that any Congressperson will introduce a bill that will reduce gun deaths in America (63 percent of all homicides) to that of England (9 percent of homicides). Not likely.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local