How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin?
April 10, 2013
How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin? That's what I'm reminded of every time I read about the "suits" in Congress debating about what should be in the "gun control law." They have already eliminated the major components (military repeating rifles and 30 round clips) of the proposed law and are debating nits that will have no effect on the enormous number of gun caused deaths in the U.S. (mostly by pistols which are not being discussed).
Do the people defending the Second Amendment actually think our forefathers fought with magazines, loaded pistols or repeating rifles? Not likely.
And it's also not likely that any Congressperson will introduce a bill that will reduce gun deaths in America (63 percent of all homicides) to that of England (9 percent of homicides). Not likely.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier