How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin?
April 10, 2013
How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin? That's what I'm reminded of every time I read about the "suits" in Congress debating about what should be in the "gun control law." They have already eliminated the major components (military repeating rifles and 30 round clips) of the proposed law and are debating nits that will have no effect on the enormous number of gun caused deaths in the U.S. (mostly by pistols which are not being discussed).
Do the people defending the Second Amendment actually think our forefathers fought with magazines, loaded pistols or repeating rifles? Not likely.
And it's also not likely that any Congressperson will introduce a bill that will reduce gun deaths in America (63 percent of all homicides) to that of England (9 percent of homicides). Not likely.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City