How about a steep tax on bullets?
March 7, 2013
It started as comedy, but instead of regulating firearms, why not impose a large tax on bullets?
After all, it's technically not the gun but the bullets that cause the bleeding. That way, no need to remodel the Second Amendment and incur the wrath of those with an affection for rifles, shotguns, revolvers, assault weapons — you know, the hardware that represents the equation that "violence is the solution."
A sizeable duty on bullets may seem far-fetched, but perhaps a fund could be started for the many innocents killed or wounded daily by our rampaging gun culture.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans