How about a steep tax on bullets?
March 7, 2013
It started as comedy, but instead of regulating firearms, why not impose a large tax on bullets?
After all, it's technically not the gun but the bullets that cause the bleeding. That way, no need to remodel the Second Amendment and incur the wrath of those with an affection for rifles, shotguns, revolvers, assault weapons — you know, the hardware that represents the equation that "violence is the solution."
A sizeable duty on bullets may seem far-fetched, but perhaps a fund could be started for the many innocents killed or wounded daily by our rampaging gun culture.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story