How about a steep tax on bullets?
March 7, 2013
It started as comedy, but instead of regulating firearms, why not impose a large tax on bullets?
After all, it's technically not the gun but the bullets that cause the bleeding. That way, no need to remodel the Second Amendment and incur the wrath of those with an affection for rifles, shotguns, revolvers, assault weapons — you know, the hardware that represents the equation that "violence is the solution."
A sizeable duty on bullets may seem far-fetched, but perhaps a fund could be started for the many innocents killed or wounded daily by our rampaging gun culture.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local