How about a steep tax on bullets?
March 7, 2013
It started as comedy, but instead of regulating firearms, why not impose a large tax on bullets?
After all, it's technically not the gun but the bullets that cause the bleeding. That way, no need to remodel the Second Amendment and incur the wrath of those with an affection for rifles, shotguns, revolvers, assault weapons — you know, the hardware that represents the equation that "violence is the solution."
A sizeable duty on bullets may seem far-fetched, but perhaps a fund could be started for the many innocents killed or wounded daily by our rampaging gun culture.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire