Hospitality House fundraiser a success
December 26, 2012
We live in a most generous community. We want to thank all those many people who came to Utah’s Place on Saturday, Oct. 20 with their dirty cars and donated money to us to make them sparkly clean.
We will use this money to renovate our new home and, hopefully, begin to occupy it in the spring.
To Grass Valley Police Chief John Foster, Mayor Jan Arbuckle, Councilwoman Lisa Swarthout, Supervisor Terry Lamphier, Howard Levine, Executive Director Cindy Maple, and board members Joanna Robinson, Dick Kuhwarth and Vee Prioetti, volunteer coordinator Kathleen Wood — thanks for joining us in the cleaning brigade.
At the end of the day, we all had the cleanest fingernails in town. Thank you to Staples and Ben Franklin for providing us with the materials to make the signs we held at the intersection.
And let us not forget Subway and Beach Hut Deli for providing us with the delicious sandwiches which gave us the energy to keep going all day.
As it is said “it takes a village” and the village turned out to support us. We are grateful for your ongoing support.
Pinky Zalkin and the guests of Hospitality House
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit