January 1, 2013
Santa's elves were out this past weekend to deliver holiday gifts to 135 Nevada County homebound seniors as part of the Senior Outreach Holiday Cheer program. Thank you to all of our donors and volunteers who make this program possible, including American Legion Auxiliary Unit 130, A4AA, Craft Guild of Nevada County, Food Bank of Nevada County, Foothill Lions Club, Girl Scout Troops 185, 538, 939, GV Red Hat Crafters, Job's Daughters, Key Club Bitney College Prep, Kitchen Crew Juvenile Hall, Lambda Ladies Club, Micah Group, Not 2 Square Weavers, Patchwork Pals, RSVP/HelpLine Staff/Volunteers, Sierra Center for Positive Living, Soroptimist International Sierra Foothills, Tech Publications Dept., Blue Shield Calif., Twin Cities Church Small Bible Study Group, elves from Human Service agencies and many more caring individuals. Again, thank you for your time and support, you are greatly appreciated and have brought much joy to these seniors. You have shown that the real spirit of Christmas is giving to others.
Judi Barbour, coordinator, Holiday Cheer Program and senior outreach nurses Judith Bell, R.N., Kathy Gibbons, R.N. and Jane Hough, R.N.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws