January 1, 2013
Santa's elves were out this past weekend to deliver holiday gifts to 135 Nevada County homebound seniors as part of the Senior Outreach Holiday Cheer program. Thank you to all of our donors and volunteers who make this program possible, including American Legion Auxiliary Unit 130, A4AA, Craft Guild of Nevada County, Food Bank of Nevada County, Foothill Lions Club, Girl Scout Troops 185, 538, 939, GV Red Hat Crafters, Job's Daughters, Key Club Bitney College Prep, Kitchen Crew Juvenile Hall, Lambda Ladies Club, Micah Group, Not 2 Square Weavers, Patchwork Pals, RSVP/HelpLine Staff/Volunteers, Sierra Center for Positive Living, Soroptimist International Sierra Foothills, Tech Publications Dept., Blue Shield Calif., Twin Cities Church Small Bible Study Group, elves from Human Service agencies and many more caring individuals. Again, thank you for your time and support, you are greatly appreciated and have brought much joy to these seniors. You have shown that the real spirit of Christmas is giving to others.
Judi Barbour, coordinator, Holiday Cheer Program and senior outreach nurses Judith Bell, R.N., Kathy Gibbons, R.N. and Jane Hough, R.N.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball