Highway 174 remembrances a good idea
May 2, 2013
This is in reference to the letter-to-the-editor published Friday, April 19, proposing that families and friends of those killed on Highway 174 be allowed to place temporary memorials on Memorial Day. I would support this once-a-year practice. It addresses the safety concerns of Caltrans and also allows an opportunity for remembrance. There may be a lot of people who would weigh in on this if it were written up in your paper.
(Editor's note: Caltrans officials say such a practice would be unsafe and is not legal; see story on page A3).
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom