Helping hand appreciated
August 15, 2014
After eating at my favorite restaurant on East Main Street, I had at least 15 minutes before “The Lift” was supposed to pick me up. I decided to go outside and wait — big mistake!
It was a stifling day and soon a man came up to me from the nearby car repair shop. He knew how hot it was, so suggested I move to a cooler location. When I moved, it wasn’t much better. So you know what he did?
He came back carrying an umbrella! I’m reminded once again that gentlemen (at least in Grass Valley) are still around. I didn’t catch his name, but I’m hoping he will see this and know that I really appreciate what he did.
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location