Helping hand appreciated
August 15, 2014
After eating at my favorite restaurant on East Main Street, I had at least 15 minutes before "The Lift" was supposed to pick me up. I decided to go outside and wait — big mistake!
It was a stifling day and soon a man came up to me from the nearby car repair shop. He knew how hot it was, so suggested I move to a cooler location. When I moved, it wasn't much better. So you know what he did?
He came back carrying an umbrella! I'm reminded once again that gentlemen (at least in Grass Valley) are still around. I didn't catch his name, but I'm hoping he will see this and know that I really appreciate what he did.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum