Health care a citizen’s right
November 27, 2013
Regarding the Affordable Care Act — a couple of thoughts.
One, single payer was never on the table. In other words, Medicare — also know as "medical care for anyone over 65" — was not on the table for those under the age of 65. Medicare is nationalized health care, also known as socialized medicine. I haven't heard from anyone who receives Medicare benefits who doesn't like it.
Two, the ACA is a legalized mandate to hand over 50 million more clients to insurance companies. Medicare for all is the only way to go. Health care should not be a privilege, it should be a citizen's right.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum