Hand-picking winners and losers
August 16, 2014
I find it interesting that local governments in Nevada County seek an outdoor events ordinance while they themselves rent out outdoor facilities that have noise, traffic, and trash impacts to nearby homes.
Then, I read that the Grass Valley City Council is going to subsidize a Jeep Tours Business. Sounds like hand-picking private sector winners and losers to me in order to maximize income to their own businesses they have chosen to be a part of.
President Obama would be proud of all of you.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says