Grueneberg deserves our support
June 21, 2013
Over the past couple of months, I have read vile and untrue statements made by former NCCFD HR person Lisa LaBarbera, such as the case in Other Voices in last Friday's edition.
Then, in a recent article by Matthew Renda, she makes several statements that indicate that she has herself violated HIPPA laws by discussing a person's medical needs and preferences with other employees in the agency. The violations cited by firefighters against LaBarbera apparently were never acted on by prior NCCFD chiefs and were part of the reason for the "vote of no confidence" by the firefighters. Director Grueneberg has a vast knowledge of fire service and personnel laws as he was the fire chief of Cosumnes Fire District, which was a consolidation of Elk Grove and Galt fire departments. That district has approximately 150 firefighters with annual budgets of $90 million plus.
Grueneberg brought that knowledge and expertise back to his home here in Nevada County and used that knowledge to try to bring NCCFD up to the standards of a modern-day fire department that the citizens and professional firefighters deserve. Grueneberg deserves our support and appreciation for his hard work to improve the NCCFD.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum