Grateful for community support for academic tournaments
May 5, 2014
A big "Thank You" from the Superintendent of Schools' office to the community groups that helped make the countywide academic tournaments a reality for Nevada County students.
These groups include Miners Foundry, Nevada Theatre and Calvary Bible Church for providing space to hold the tournaments, as well as Rotary Club of Grass Valley, Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills, Stifel Nicholaus, Telestream and Tri Counties Bank for sponsoring the tournaments.
In addition, my sincere appreciation goes to the many community individuals who donated their time as tournament judges, speakers and masters of ceremonies.
Bonnie Smart, tournament coordinator
Nevada County Superintendent of Schools
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week