Grand Jury report oversimplified
July 11, 2014
The recent Grand Jury's report on the status of the homeless members of our community leaves me feeling embarrassed.
I find it difficult to believe that our Grand Jury could publish such a compilation of unsupported, bigoted opinion. The GJ members who wrote the report obviously interviewed a list of people selected specifically to mirror their own prejudices and to exclude any of the many community members who have been working hard for years to provide pathways back into society for our homeless population. Every conclusion reached by this report is suspect because not one of them is supported by empirical evidence. There is evidence extant that the GJ ignored. This information shows their conclusions to be false or at least oversimplified.
The Grand Jury should hang its collective head on this one.
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- UPDATE: Cascade Shores evacuation lifted, roads reopened
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers