Government control of defense industry a threat
June 29, 2014
Throughout my adult life I have advised those who would listen that there are two ways to throw the country into a dictatorship. One is government control of the defense industries. The Civil Rights Bill of 1964 is a step toward government control of the defense industries as are other civil rights laws, environmental laws and labor laws passed since then.
Now the president is taking further steps in the form of executive orders. It makes you wonder how much control the government needs before we, the private sector, are no longer able to effectively cut off the military. When this happens, we may find ourselves being governed by the bayonet and the rifle butt.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say