Government control of defense industry a threat
June 29, 2014
Throughout my adult life I have advised those who would listen that there are two ways to throw the country into a dictatorship. One is government control of the defense industries. The Civil Rights Bill of 1964 is a step toward government control of the defense industries as are other civil rights laws, environmental laws and labor laws passed since then.
Now the president is taking further steps in the form of executive orders. It makes you wonder how much control the government needs before we, the private sector, are no longer able to effectively cut off the military. When this happens, we may find ourselves being governed by the bayonet and the rifle butt.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit