Government by crisis
March 20, 2013
Our government operates now in crisis mode. In 2009, Rahm Emanuel said "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." Our current administration has taken that advice to heart.
Over the last few years we have experienced: a national debt crisis, a housing crisis, a financial cliff crisis, a gun control crisis, and a sequester (automatic spending cuts) crisis. Have you had enough of this insanity yet? These crises are mostly manufactured by President Obama and the Executive branch. Look at the fear-mongering that goes on, as Obama takes his case to areas of the country where he has support, and whips up the crowds. It disgusts me, quite frankly. And President Obama keeps bashing the Republicans for not caving in to his desires to spend more.
You want to talk gun control? How about "self control?" Taking guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens and neutralizing the Second Amendment will not solve the problem. Try enforcing the gun laws we already have on the books, and keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.
So what will be the next crisis, President Obama?
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum