Government and religious freedom
December 26, 2012
Our president is saying he will protect religious freedom but, his "Obamacare" medical insurance directive is against people of Christian values (namely Catholics) who are against supporting any part of abortion.
This is taking away our religious freedom and our right of conscience, guaranteed by the Constitution. Do we want this abuse of our Constitution to continue? I pray not!
I feel we have blood on our hands because our government is using taxpayer dollars to support the killing of innocent babies, not only in America, but across the world. President Obama's first use of his powers was to nullify the Mexico Accord — and support Planned Parenthood. We need our tax dollars to support life. Religious freedom is the most important of our God-given rights. It is from this that all other freedoms and responsibilities flow.
Mary Louise Williams
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed