Glad the fair board didn’t give in
July 19, 2013
To the Nevada County Fairgrounds board of directors: You have all the facts and have made the right response — keeping the elephants.
If you had made the choice to cancel the contract, you would have not heard from us again. Yet as you can see, the “rights” people cannot handle the word “no.”
I cannot be more proud that you have the facts and are putting these folks back with the rest of us in the county who trust in the judgment of a unanimous vote from the directors for the elephants. Stand firm with your heads high. I won’t try to intimidate you all with my tittle, as I’m not an attorney or the head of an animal’s save group.
I’m just Rick with 70 years of common sense.
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers