Glad the fair board didn’t give in
July 19, 2013
To the Nevada County Fairgrounds board of directors: You have all the facts and have made the right response — keeping the elephants.
If you had made the choice to cancel the contract, you would have not heard from us again. Yet as you can see, the "rights" people cannot handle the word "no."
I cannot be more proud that you have the facts and are putting these folks back with the rest of us in the county who trust in the judgment of a unanimous vote from the directors for the elephants. Stand firm with your heads high. I won't try to intimidate you all with my tittle, as I'm not an attorney or the head of an animal's save group.
I'm just Rick with 70 years of common sense.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death