Glad the fair board didn’t give in
July 19, 2013
To the Nevada County Fairgrounds board of directors: You have all the facts and have made the right response — keeping the elephants.
If you had made the choice to cancel the contract, you would have not heard from us again. Yet as you can see, the "rights" people cannot handle the word "no."
I cannot be more proud that you have the facts and are putting these folks back with the rest of us in the county who trust in the judgment of a unanimous vote from the directors for the elephants. Stand firm with your heads high. I won't try to intimidate you all with my tittle, as I'm not an attorney or the head of an animal's save group.
I'm just Rick with 70 years of common sense.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public