Give public television a try
July 31, 2013
To the woman who laments the bad content of television, I, too, am a mature person who does not like vulgar content.
I am lucky enough to have discovered public TV, also called PBS, many years ago.
You can watch it on KVMR, channel 6, or the alternate KVMR2, and it is rightly called "television worth watching." These are the only shows I ever watch, and I generally don't bother with all the other channels. In fact, I cannot believe that you have never watched it. From wonderful nature programs to Ken Burns' famous films about the American experience, "Masterpieces Theater," science programs and popular musicians, "American heartland" and Bill Moyers' provocative discussions with famous thinkers, you don't find any vulgar language or thought here.
Just try it, and you will be hooked.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom