Give public television a try
July 31, 2013
To the woman who laments the bad content of television, I, too, am a mature person who does not like vulgar content.
I am lucky enough to have discovered public TV, also called PBS, many years ago.
You can watch it on KVMR, channel 6, or the alternate KVMR2, and it is rightly called "television worth watching." These are the only shows I ever watch, and I generally don't bother with all the other channels. In fact, I cannot believe that you have never watched it. From wonderful nature programs to Ken Burns' famous films about the American experience, "Masterpieces Theater," science programs and popular musicians, "American heartland" and Bill Moyers' provocative discussions with famous thinkers, you don't find any vulgar language or thought here.
Just try it, and you will be hooked.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death