Give bears wide berth
July 17, 2013
About dusk on a recent night, my wife looked out the front window of our house and saw three bears ambling up the driveway — good-sized momma bear and two cute little babies who followed behind her.
The momma walked right up to my garage like she owns the place before she saw us in the windows and turned around and moseyed off. They were extremely cute and cuddly-looking but, like I said, the momma is a big bear and I'm sure she would not be happy with anyone getting between her and the babies. We live off Murchie Mine Road near Red Dog. No telling where the bear is now, but something often gets in our trash, so be careful walking around at twilight or in the dark.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance