Give bears wide berth
July 17, 2013
About dusk on a recent night, my wife looked out the front window of our house and saw three bears ambling up the driveway — good-sized momma bear and two cute little babies who followed behind her.
The momma walked right up to my garage like she owns the place before she saw us in the windows and turned around and moseyed off. They were extremely cute and cuddly-looking but, like I said, the momma is a big bear and I'm sure she would not be happy with anyone getting between her and the babies. We live off Murchie Mine Road near Red Dog. No telling where the bear is now, but something often gets in our trash, so be careful walking around at twilight or in the dark.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton