Give bears wide berth
July 17, 2013
About dusk on a recent night, my wife looked out the front window of our house and saw three bears ambling up the driveway — good-sized momma bear and two cute little babies who followed behind her.
The momma walked right up to my garage like she owns the place before she saw us in the windows and turned around and moseyed off. They were extremely cute and cuddly-looking but, like I said, the momma is a big bear and I'm sure she would not be happy with anyone getting between her and the babies. We live off Murchie Mine Road near Red Dog. No telling where the bear is now, but something often gets in our trash, so be careful walking around at twilight or in the dark.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges