Getting the facts straight
December 11, 2013
A recent letter to the editor contained some factual errors.
Regarding Mr. Rohl's claim that President Obama is devoted to ever-higher taxes on all Americans, even the poor, the "Congressional Budget Office, a non-partisan federal agency, published its report of tax rates for the 2008 and 2009 fiscal years and found that tax rates are at a 30-year low."
As to Ms. Newbon's claim that Medicare is socialized medicine, it is not. Socialized medicine is health care paid for by the government and delivered by government employees. Medicare is paid for by the government, but it is delivered by doctors and hospitals in the private sector.
Politifact.com and FactCheck.org are useful resources.
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say