From the bottom
August 28, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize to the people of Nevada County for my actions and behavior and how they have affected the citizens of the community. I am a methamphetamine addict, and I am powerless not only over drugs but my addiction as well. That is not to say that is an excuse. I am fully capable of taking steps and managing my disease. In addition, there is tremendous support for recovering addicts who are willing to help me stay clean, but I chose drugs over my family, over my job, over my freedom, and lost the overall trust of just about everyone. I am at my bottom, but by the grace of God, I have been clean and sober for five months. The only thing I have figured out is that even though I am not responsible for my disease, I am responsible for my recovery.
To my precious beautiful daughters, please don't give up hope on me. I will earn your trust again, and I love you both with all my heart.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans