From the bottom
August 28, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize to the people of Nevada County for my actions and behavior and how they have affected the citizens of the community. I am a methamphetamine addict, and I am powerless not only over drugs but my addiction as well. That is not to say that is an excuse. I am fully capable of taking steps and managing my disease. In addition, there is tremendous support for recovering addicts who are willing to help me stay clean, but I chose drugs over my family, over my job, over my freedom, and lost the overall trust of just about everyone. I am at my bottom, but by the grace of God, I have been clean and sober for five months. The only thing I have figured out is that even though I am not responsible for my disease, I am responsible for my recovery.
To my precious beautiful daughters, please don't give up hope on me. I will earn your trust again, and I love you both with all my heart.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum