Forgive, and you will be forgiven
May 3, 2013
In response to Peter Pohorsky's Other Voices column on same-sex marriage, I agree that a same-sex relationship would be unnatural to Mr. Pohorsky.
However, it is natural to a homosexual. I am sorry Pohorsky's understanding of humanity is so limited. There are very few references to same-sex activity in the Bible, and what is frequently quoted is an interpretation. Jesus scholars like Bishop John Shelby Spong and other scholars refute the limited understanding of that passage.
Jesus never condemned homosexuals or, for that matter, defined marriage. It is said, however, in Luke 6:37 — "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Your choice Mr. Pohorsky.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans