Forgive, and you will be forgiven
May 3, 2013
In response to Peter Pohorsky's Other Voices column on same-sex marriage, I agree that a same-sex relationship would be unnatural to Mr. Pohorsky.
However, it is natural to a homosexual. I am sorry Pohorsky's understanding of humanity is so limited. There are very few references to same-sex activity in the Bible, and what is frequently quoted is an interpretation. Jesus scholars like Bishop John Shelby Spong and other scholars refute the limited understanding of that passage.
Jesus never condemned homosexuals or, for that matter, defined marriage. It is said, however, in Luke 6:37 — "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Your choice Mr. Pohorsky.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance