For the record
October 5, 2012
In light of Donna Burley's letter to the editor published on Sept. 11, I feel that it is prudent to elucidate a couple points.
In order for the Nevada County Republican Central Committee (NCRCC) to endorse a candidate a two-thirds majority vote needs to be cast in accordance with its by-laws. Hence on Wednesday, Aug. 22, the NCRCC held a special endorsement meeting at which time Brian Dahle was endorsed as the candidate for District 1 State Assembly. The public is invited to view the overall endorsements made by the NCRCC by going to their website NevadaCountyGOP.org. Respectively, a two-thirds majority vote is not a faction. Instead the minority opinion was, in fact, "the faction."
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public