For the record
October 5, 2012
In light of Donna Burley's letter to the editor published on Sept. 11, I feel that it is prudent to elucidate a couple points.
In order for the Nevada County Republican Central Committee (NCRCC) to endorse a candidate a two-thirds majority vote needs to be cast in accordance with its by-laws. Hence on Wednesday, Aug. 22, the NCRCC held a special endorsement meeting at which time Brian Dahle was endorsed as the candidate for District 1 State Assembly. The public is invited to view the overall endorsements made by the NCRCC by going to their website NevadaCountyGOP.org. Respectively, a two-thirds majority vote is not a faction. Instead the minority opinion was, in fact, "the faction."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City