For the record
October 5, 2012
In light of Donna Burley's letter to the editor published on Sept. 11, I feel that it is prudent to elucidate a couple points.
In order for the Nevada County Republican Central Committee (NCRCC) to endorse a candidate a two-thirds majority vote needs to be cast in accordance with its by-laws. Hence on Wednesday, Aug. 22, the NCRCC held a special endorsement meeting at which time Brian Dahle was endorsed as the candidate for District 1 State Assembly. The public is invited to view the overall endorsements made by the NCRCC by going to their website NevadaCountyGOP.org. Respectively, a two-thirds majority vote is not a faction. Instead the minority opinion was, in fact, "the faction."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity