Food Ministry receives 150 boxes of donated food
November 15, 2013
An open letter to Nevada Union High School administrators, coaches, parents and football players:
On behalf of the board of Interfaith Food Ministry and the more than 3,000 families registered with Interfaith Food Ministry, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for the Nevada Union football team's canned food drive project. Not only was your initiation of this project an encouragement, but the amount of food you collected surpassed anything we could have imagined. The 150 boxes of food, totaling almost six pallets, will bring hope to many families here in Nevada County that struggle with food insecurity.
Thank you for your exceptional work, kindness and generosity of time and spirit. You have touched our lives at IFM and the lives of the families who receive the benefit of your hard work.
Thank you for getting involved and making a difference in our community. Thank you for partnering with us to feed families and fuel hope.
Sue Van Son
IFM executive director
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed