Flowers, flags adorn plaques to honor fallen heroes
November 5, 2013
The Sierra Nevada Chapter of the Blue Star Mothers will be placing flowers and flags Saturday on all the plaques in the Nevada City and Grass Valley communities, representing our fallen heroes from Vietnam and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
We had a problem with the flowers and flags being removed from these plaques when we did this project for Memorial Day. I am hoping that the members of the public will keep an eye on and respect these bouquets placed on our heroes' plaques and understand the real meaning of both Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Thank you.
Paula Onescu, president
Blue Star Mothers, Sierra Nevada Chapter No. 12
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say