Flat tax on fat cats
December 26, 2012
As you might have heard, Warren Buffet wants a flat tax on fat cats.
Every year at the last moment, Congress gets around to patching the AMT deductions, which are not indexed to inflation. That is if they don't have anything more important on their lame-duck plate, e.g. the fiscal cliff. Last year for joint filers, the deduction was $72,450. Without action, it drops to $45K. Translation, if you have income between $75K and $300K, lucky you, you're a fat cat! Yes the AMT (a two-tier flat tax) was created to make those fat cats pay their fair share. You're not honored to be a fat cat? You are so ungrateful!
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana