Flat tax on fat cats
December 26, 2012
As you might have heard, Warren Buffet wants a flat tax on fat cats.
Every year at the last moment, Congress gets around to patching the AMT deductions, which are not indexed to inflation. That is if they don't have anything more important on their lame-duck plate, e.g. the fiscal cliff. Last year for joint filers, the deduction was $72,450. Without action, it drops to $45K. Translation, if you have income between $75K and $300K, lucky you, you're a fat cat! Yes the AMT (a two-tier flat tax) was created to make those fat cats pay their fair share. You're not honored to be a fat cat? You are so ungrateful!
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed