Fiddlers’ concert strikes a chord
June 27, 2014
Accolades to Music In The Mountains for starting off the summer concert series with the fiddlers' concert Saturday evening. It was an uplifting experience to witness the joyful participants numbering over 100 playing violins, violas, banjos,cellos, a harp and string bases, as well as singers and dancers. The stage was jam-packed with kids as young as 6 or 7 to adults, all having a great time.
The fiddlers' music camp should be commended for instilling the joy of music in everyone participating. It was evident in the performers' faces.
It is my hope that Music In The Mountains will continue the joint venture with the Fiddlers Camp. Everyone who missed this year's evening with the Fiddlers Camp kids and adults should put it on their "to do" list for next year.
Sharon B. Meyer
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business