Fall prevention event a success
September 20, 2013
The sixth annual Falls Prevention Coalition's educational event was a big success, based on the feedback we received. More than 200 seniors and caregivers attended, and the coalition is grateful to all those who made the event not only informative but fun.
Special thank yous to: Sierra Presbyterian Church and staff members Randy Partch and Cecilia Shampay and volunteers Janet Lowell and her crew; Summer Thyme's Bakery & Deli for the breakfast goodies and box lunch; The Union for its support; KNCO (Jan Fishler, Hollie Grimaldi-Flores/Tom Fitzsimmons) for interview time; Eskaton Village & Hilltop Commons for the yummy cookies; and the fabulous HelpLine and RSVP staff and volunteers for registering attendees and vendors, for printing and collating falls prevention materials and stuffing all those grocery totes!
A grateful nod to Golden Empire Nursing and Rehab Center, Eskaton Village Grass Valley and Interim HomeCare for their generous donations. Finally, a big shout out to the vendors who made the resource fair a success and for their support in helping us keep the free event free!
Cynthia Schuetz, coordinator
Falls Prevention Coalition of Nevada County
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance