Fair board should keep contract with Have Trunk Will Travel
July 5, 2013
I have always been amazed by elephants but never have I had the opportunity to actually see or touch them.
I am in strong support of our fair board keeping the contract with "Have Trunk Will Travel." Growing up, I was taught to learn by doing; if I wanted to learn how to fix something, my dad made me go out and fix it. So, by having the elephants at our fair, it would give people in Nevada County a hands-on experience so they can learn by doing.
I was also at the fair board meeting on June 20, and I have to say that I was ashamed to sit in that room and say I was from Nevada County. The way that some people spoke was appalling; I could never look someone in the eye, no matter how much I didn't like or agree with what they were doing, and call them horrible people. I felt awful for the Johnsons to have to sit there and not say a word as they were torn apart.
If the board would have canceled this contract, their decision would have been driven by emotion rather than common sense and facts.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public