Fair board held hostage over elephant controversy
July 13, 2013
Get over it! Animal rights groups "coercing" the fair board to cancel the contract with Have Trunk Will Travel is wrong.
The board listened to everyone's views and chose to keep the contract with the company. Holding the board hostage through coercion (letters, signs, fliers, boycotts and rallies) is simply an intimidation tactic. It's like playing the "If you don't do what I want, I'll do this" game, and it's wrong.
It's time to get over it and go enjoy the best fair in all of California.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations