Fair board held hostage over elephant controversy
July 13, 2013
Get over it! Animal rights groups "coercing" the fair board to cancel the contract with Have Trunk Will Travel is wrong.
The board listened to everyone's views and chose to keep the contract with the company. Holding the board hostage through coercion (letters, signs, fliers, boycotts and rallies) is simply an intimidation tactic. It's like playing the "If you don't do what I want, I'll do this" game, and it's wrong.
It's time to get over it and go enjoy the best fair in all of California.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip