Fair board held hostage over elephant controversy
July 13, 2013
Get over it! Animal rights groups "coercing" the fair board to cancel the contract with Have Trunk Will Travel is wrong.
The board listened to everyone's views and chose to keep the contract with the company. Holding the board hostage through coercion (letters, signs, fliers, boycotts and rallies) is simply an intimidation tactic. It's like playing the "If you don't do what I want, I'll do this" game, and it's wrong.
It's time to get over it and go enjoy the best fair in all of California.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth