Elephants at fair shows poor judgment
June 18, 2013
I am appalled at the lack of judgment the county fair is showing by contracting with a company that has allegedly abused their animals.
Not only is this disgusting due to the possible abuse of animals that have no voice in their treatment, it is also potentially dangerous for the fair attendees, as abused animals are unpredictable and can cause serious injury or death.
I have emailed my objection to the Nevada County Fair CEO Sandy Woods and urge those who agree with me to do the same.
Judy W. Rath
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier