Elephant abuse not OK
July 13, 2013
Please do not allow "Have Trunk Will Travel" owners Gary and Kari Johnson to provide elephant rides at the Nevada County Fair. There are plenty of videos of them abusing elephants in their care, including a little baby, who on the video, screams in fear and pain. It is heartbreaking!
After you watch the videos of abuse on YouTube, you will never want to hire these horrible, heartless people for elephant rides or any other kind of animal entertainment ever, ever, ever.
I hope you get lots of letters of protest for this event. All of the elephants at Have Trunk Will Travel need to be placed in sanctuaries where they can live out their lives without fear, sadness and brutality. Please, please, please!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton