Election letters policy outlined
December 26, 2012
In addition to The Union's standard policy for editorial-page submissions, the following guidelines apply to all election-related submissions:
• We welcome opinions from residents and their endorsements of candidates. However, The Union will not publish personal attacks or false information.
• If a letter is written by a candidate, his or her affiliation must be clearly stated.
• Limit for a letter is 300 words. Other Voices columns are limited to 750 words. Due to their length, letters will be likely published first, where as Other Voices could run the risk of not publishing due to space and time limitations.
• Political letters for the Nov. 6 general election will not be printed after the Saturday, Nov. 3, print edition of The Union.
Any questions about this policy can be directed to Managing Editor Brian Hamilton at email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death