Election letters policy outlined
December 26, 2012
In addition to The Union's standard policy for editorial-page submissions, the following guidelines apply to all election-related submissions:
• We welcome opinions from residents and their endorsements of candidates. However, The Union will not publish personal attacks or false information.
• If a letter is written by a candidate, his or her affiliation must be clearly stated.
• Limit for a letter is 300 words. Other Voices columns are limited to 750 words. Due to their length, letters will be likely published first, where as Other Voices could run the risk of not publishing due to space and time limitations.
• Political letters for the Nov. 6 general election will not be printed after the Saturday, Nov. 3, print edition of The Union.
Any questions about this policy can be directed to Managing Editor Brian Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton